GARDEN FOUNTAINS COUPON CODE
Garden Fountains Best Seller
++Garden-Fountains Coupon Code 2016++
Garden-Fountains Coupons, Deals and Promo Codes
Wall Fountains by Garden-Fountains
When considering a water feature for your setting, make sure you think about your pets! If you have a dog, a standing fountain with a basin may seem like a large pool or drinking pond to your pets. A wall fountain is a great feature to add to your setting that will not affect your loveable pets. Think about the location of the fountain as well, sometimes birds may think of your fountain as a refreshing bath, which may not be your desired result. Water Wall Fountains are an excellent choice for an indoor application. You may have noticed them on the walls in the office of your dentist or doctor, or in many exclusive homes.
A fountain (from the Latin "fons" (genitive "fontis"), a source or spring) is a piece of architecture which pours water into a basin or jets it into the air to supply drinking water and/or for a decorative or dramatic effect.
Fountains were originally purely functional, connected to springs or aqueducts and used to provide drinking water and water for bathing and washing to the residents of cities, towns and villages. Until the late 19th century most fountains operated by gravity, and needed a source of water higher than the fountain, such as a reservoir or aqueduct, to make the water flow or jet into the air.
Your Outdoor Space & Daylight Savings Time
Campania International Fountains
Campania International - Manufactured in the United States, Campania International cast stone benches and tables can create the perfect seating space in any outdoor area. Choosing your Campania International Bench or Table should first begin by determining the location you want to place you benches and or table.
If you are looking to add more than one bench, we do suggest you order all required benches at the same time. We suggest these for two reasons. While all Campania International products offer free shipping, we can also offer you a discount off of each bench if you order 2 or more. Ordering more than one at a time gives you the option of taking advantage of bulk pricing! In addition to discounts, ordering your benches and tables at the same time also helps ensure that the patina/finish applied to your products in similar in nature. Since all Campania International products feature hand applied patinas, there will be variations that give a unique look and feel but will be closest in coloring if ordered at the same time.
Siena Floor Fountains by Garden-Fountains
++Garden-Fountains Coupon Code 2016++
Garden-Fountains Coupons, Deals and Promo Codes
- Free Campania Catalog - Instant Download
- Finest fountains & Garden Decor available
- See New Products before announcement
- Valuable coupons, Special Offers, Deals
- And much much more...
Garden Fountains Tips : Outdoor Garden and Wall Fountains in freezing climatesWinter care information for cast stone garden fountains, birdbaths, planters and more:
Protect your fountain, planter, bird bath or statue from freeze-thaw cycles. Cast Stone fountain bowls/tops and other cast stone outdoor decor, which collect water, should not be left outside when freezing temperatures may arise, since any component that can fill with water and freeze has the potential to crack. Likewise components such as pedestals, which remain in a basin, that can become filled with water, which can freeze at the right temperature, may also crack or crumble. Therefore, ideally a fountain should always be stored indoors or in a dry protected place such as a covered porch, garage, or shed away from the elements.However, if a fountain must be left outside, we suggest you follow the following steps:
- Remove pump, rubber stoppers, drainpipes, finials, and other small components for storage indoors. Note that stoppers or drainpipes are removed to allow drainage in the event water accumulates in any basin.
- It is suggested that you raise the fountain base, planter, birdbath, or an any garden accent to be left outdoors, from ground with wood strips so that base cannot freeze to the ground surface.
- We suggest covering your cast stone fountain with a Fountain Cover. In the event that you do not have a fountain cover, you can cover your fountain, birdbath, or planter with any other absorbent material (we suggest an old blanket or towel) and then cover securely with plastic, making sure that water will not accumulate in the basin or other fountain component and freeze.
- You should then make sure that this plastic will stay onto the garden accents by securing it with rope or other material.
- We suggest you check the fountain periodically to insure that plastic is secure and water is not accumulating in any fountain component.
Winter care information for wall fountains and fiberglass fountainsFiberglass itself is not harmed by freezing weather, however, you must insure the fountain is completely dry during freezes. Water remaining in the plumbing, basin, or pump can expand when frozen and damage the fountain. Bring the pump in for the winter, and consider covering the fountain with a non-porous material. The fiberglass wall fountains are light enough to be brought indoors for the winter as well.
Winter care for Glazed or Terra Cotta Pottery
The manufacturers of our glazed and terra cotta pottery offer products that are subjected to stringent testing in freeze and thaw conditions to ensure the best quality. Products that are composed of terra cotta or earthenware are naturally slightly porous. This allows plants that are placed inside of them to breathe, but this also poses a concern for your planters during the winter months. Any water left within the pots, whether planted or left empty can be exposed to the natural freeze and thaw cycle.
When expanded, this can cause the walls of the pot to potentially crack. There is no guarantee that this will happen to each pot and can often depend on the weather conditions and quantity of water collected in the pot. These pots are frost-resistant but as with any product left out in the winter that can collect water, there is still a concern for the freeze and thaw cycle that may occur. We recommend that these planters be brought indoors wherever possible during the winter months, or cared for like a fountain if they must be left outdoors and covered properly. Please see the above section on caring for a cast stone fountain in winter months.
Maintaining your Fountain
Our cast stone water features are made from the highest quality cast stone concrete. They are engineered and designed for maximum beauty and utility. A small amount of regular maintenance will allow you to enjoy your fountain for many years. Primarily, keep your fountain free of debris, leaves, twigs, etc. which can clog the fountain pump and tubing. Simply remove the easily accessed pump, and flush with a garden hose. Frequency depends on your situation; if your fountain is beneath trees with frequently falling leaves, you may need to clean out your fountain more often
The fiberglass wall fountains are maintained by using the same principals as above. Keep the basin free of debris, and rinse the pump as needed. To clean, simply spray down with a garden hose. Your fountain will provide years of enjoyment!
Green means something else..
Here at Garden-Fountains.com the celebration of St. Patrick's Day means that the warmer temperatures are fast approaching! In case you were not aware, Garden-Fountains.com is based out of Pennsylvania where we have more than our share of cold weather and snowy days! St. Patrick's Day not only signifies the good luck clover to us, but it also means the snow banks will begin to melt and we can bring out our favorite planters and fountains to enjoy for the up coming warmer weather!
Daylight Savings Time
Maybe you live in a state that takes part in Daylight Savings Time, or maybe you live in Arizona, or another state that does not participate either way, have you ever truly wondered WHY exactly we have Daylight Savings Time? We've gathered some interesting information that will keep you knowledgeable about this fun transition to more sunlight!
1. The transition of Daylight Savings Time was adjusted to the first Sunday in November in 2007 due to the risk posed to Trick or Treaters. In addition, this extension is also thought to possibly have an affect on the voter turn out rate.
2. All Amtrak trains in the United States stop running at 2am and wait an entire hour before returning to schedule during the November time change. Even if passengers are on board, the t rain stops for one complete hour. During the spring time change, trains just keep moving and do their best to make up the time.
3. Antarctica has no daylight in the winter months and 24 hours worth of daylight during the summer
4. Daylight Savings Time was extended to 8 months, rather than 6 months, following the 1973 oil embargo. The U.S. Department of transportation found that this saved almost 10,000 barrels of oil each day in March and April.
To learn more Fun Facts about Daylight Savings Time....